Deliver a synchronised supply chain
The foundation of our solutions is a synchronised repetitive supply cycle-based planning approach. SupplyVue comprises:
- SupplyVue Solver for production wheel design optimisation and inventory parameter setting
- SupplyVue Network Planner for synchronised drumbeat flow
- SupplyVue Navigator for supply chain analysis, offline scenario modelling, and decision support
SupplyVue Solver is a supply chain parameter optimisation suite of modelling capabilities to design a repetitive supply cycle. It creates the optimum production wheels for each work centre and proposes the inventory parameters across a supply chain network to enable a synchronised supply chain.
Why SupplyVue Solver?
To change entrenched trade-off thinking between inventory levels, buffers, costs and service levels in the supply chain, you need to think about the hand-offs in the chain and ask ‘How can the information flow and the demand pattern be shaped to enable a win-win situation?’
This is where SupplyVue Solver comes in. By placing demand into a regularly repeating sequence, consolidating demand over a period, Solver’s production wheel model balances the need for flexibility and efficiency. The drumbeat generated by production wheels creates stability and predictability and enables the organisation to achieve the desired results of shorter lead times, smaller batches, lower costs, and better reliability and accuracy of supply.
Why you need SupplyVue Solver: Solving the maths problem is challenging. Huge numbers of settings, and potentially millions of alternative scenarios need to be analysed and compared. Linking Batch (group planning) and SKU planning is challenging for existing IT systems as is aligning planning parameters into a coherent synchronised whole. These problems can be solved with SupplyVue Solver, making it easy for you to manage and update supply chain planning parameters, so you will get significantly more value than from your existing planning systems and can also direct your planning system to generate plans that are more stable and easier to understand and use.
Modelling features include:
- Production wheel modelling by workcentre
- Optimisation options of Service, Cost or Carbon
- Portfolio and BoM harmonisation modelling
- Network inventory modelling
- Multi-echelon network synchronisation
SupplyVue Network Planner
SupplyVue Network Planner is a multi-echelon network planning solution. It propagates demand through the network, aligned to a repetitive supply cycle rhythm, resulting in a predictable, stable demand drumbeat that synchronises activities across the supply chain. SupplyVue Network Planner also provides interactive plan-solving features to make it easy to resolve planning issues and create an optimal plan for the supply chain.
Why SupplyVue Network Planner?
SupplyVue Network Planner is an easy-to-implement, simple-to-use, highly functional solution that enables you to operate a synchronised supply chain. This approach delivers reduced lead times, better service at lower inventory and lower cost.
It also creates a predictable supply chain that is easier to understand and manage. SupplyVue Network Planner has easy-to-use interactive plan-solving features to resolve planning issues in both the tactical and operational planning horizons.
Planner’s features include:
- Demand propagation capability founded on synchronisation principles
- Interactive plan-solving features (Alternative sources, stock building and plan smoothing, operational hours adjustment)
- Management of phase-in and phase-out of products
- User control over demand smoothing product priorities and stock build levels
- Plan solving respecting batch grouping
- Rapid replanning capability to respond to change
SupplyVue Navigator is our digital twin, so you can create a synchronised, resilient, sustainable supply chain. Navigator is a digital replica of your extended supply chain network representing assets, warehouses, logistics and material flows, and inventory positions. Using advanced analytics and our genetic algorithms, Navigator simulates the supply chain’s performance, including all the complexity that drives value loss and risks. It identifies where volatility and uncertainty exist and where value optimisation is possible.
Why SupplyVue Navigator?
Building on SupplyVue Solver and SupplyVue Network Planner, SupplyVue Navigator provides an easy to use sophisticated and powerful network modelling capability. Focussed on the efficient flow of product through the supply chain. Supporting tactical and strategic supply chain planning processes.
Navigator features include:
- Visibility and analysis of the current network performance. Measuring across several dimensions and identifying the underlying root cause analysis of below-target performance
- Outcome performance – Service levels
- Efficiency outcomes: Cost, Inventory, Cost to Serve, and Carbon Cost to Serve
- Process excellence assessment
- Supply chain risk and resilience index
- Off-line what-if scenario modelling and simulation capability. Modelling impact of capability, capacity and resource level changes, product flow policy improvement, demand scenarios and portfolio rationalisation and harmonisation
- Scenario evaluation using multiple lenses, comparing to the current situation and revealing the value opportunity, providing improvement project definitions
- Simulation capability for supply chain risk and resilience modelling
SupplyVue: Core functionality
SupplyVue Solver is a multi-objective function optimisation (i.e. service, cost, carbon) solution that determines the policies and parameters to optimally balance costs, carbon emissions and service across the supply chain.
SupplyVue Navigator is a supply chain digital twin for off-line analysis and modelling. It enables you to analyse performance, assess network risk and resilience, then model and evaluate proposed solutions.
SupplyVue Network Planner is a multi-echelon network planning solution. It propagates demand through the network, aligned to a repetitive supply cycle rhythm, resulting in a predictable, stable demand drumbeat that synchronises activities across the supply chain.
Our platform builds a data model that replicates your supply chain and is ready to use for analytics, modelling, and simulation.
- Transaction Systems
- IoT and operational equipment
- Planning Systems
Supply Chain Digital Twin
What is a supply chain digital twin?
“A (supply chain) digital twin is a virtual supply chain replica that represents hundreds of assets, warehouses, logistics and material flows, and inventory positions. Using advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI), the digital twin simulates the supply chain’s performance, including all the complexity that drives value loss and risks. It identifies where volatility and uncertainty exist, as well as where optimization is possible.”
Boston Consulting Group
Supply Chain Digital Twin
Creates a digital replica of your supply chain that provides a single repository that spans the whole organisation and supports self-service analytics. Structured to ensure visibility through multiple perspectives and at different hierarchy levels (e.g. demand segments, source site mapping, etc.) and to enable ‘drill down’ to transaction level detail for root cause analysis.
Assesses your supply chain with clearly defined, consistent, metrics focussed on process excellence, cost and carbon build-up through the supply chain. Allowing you to view and benchmark performance across the organisation in a consistent and objective fashion. Test supply chain design through what-if scenario modelling and simulation. Evaluate investment options, resource level changes and find opportunities to make the supply chain more efficient and effective.
Generates a production plan template to drive economies of repetitions in supply chain execution, by calculating fixed production cycles to improve plan stability for manufacturing AND provide more predictable and reliable supply for inventory management and customer service. Generic algorithms calculate optimal settings for overall supply chain cost and/or carbon minimisation goals for the supply chain.
SupplyVue Network Planner
SupplyVue Network Planner is based on the core principle of managing the supply chain using repeating fixed cycles of supply. It provides the user with several options for solving the plan. Excess volume can be spread across alternative workcentres based on user defined rules. SupplyVue Network Planner also provides easy to use functionality to manage how the solution uses stock building to solve the plan, defining the priority SKUs to be used and how far forward stock can be built. The solution creates an easily understandable stable plan respecting SKU order quantities and product batch group planning rules.
Easy start + quick to scale = fast payback
Easy IT integration
- Does not require immediate IT integration
- Set up a ‘representative’ cut of data within weeks ready for analysis and modelling
- Extend to cover the full scope of the supply chain within months
- Adopt best practice approach for supply chain synchronisation
- Leverage pre-built analytics to assess your supply chain’s performance
- Identify optimal plans and benefits with algorithmic modelling and simulations
- See a positive return on investment within the first year
- Replace the need to build your own bespoke supply chain data platform
- Accelerate your supply chains agility and responsiveness